Last Updated January 8th, 2011
The Information MakeupBee Collects:
- Information You Choose to Submit: You may provide to MakeUpBee what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, photo, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number) when using certain parts of the MakeUpBee Service, such as when you register for the site, and when you create User Submissions. In addition, you may provide us other information about yourself (for example, relevant physical features for makeup (such as skin type, hair color, etc.), demographic data, gender, zip code) by which someone could not personally identify you and which is generally called "non-personally identifiable" information.
- "Cookies" Information: When you use the MakeupBee Service, we may send one or more cookies - small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer. MakeupBee may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the MakeupBee Service. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser "Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the MakeupBee Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the MakeupBee Service to their fullest potential.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: When you use the MakeupBee Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your web browser by using different types of technology, including "clear gifs" or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may include Internet Protocol address ("IP Address") or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after the MakeupBee Service, the pages you view on the MakeupBee Service, and the dates and times that you visit the MakeupBee Service.
The Way MakeupBee Uses Information:
- MakeUpBee uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the MakeUpBee Service. In addition we use such information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users and thereby to improve the way the MakeUpBee Service works and looks, and to create new features and services.
- We will use your email address to contact you for administrative purposes, for customer service purposes, to address intellectual property infringement, rights of privacy, or defamation issues, or regarding User Submissions that you have posted to the MakeUpBee Service.
- In addition, we may use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send you i) messages about the MakeUpBee Service, such as when you receive a friend request or a recommendation, ii) promotional messages related to the MakeUpBee Service and the activities of third parties we work with, and iii) messages on behalf of other users who think you may be interested in the MakeUpBee Service. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the MakeUpBee Service. Please note that opt-out requests may take up to ten business days to process and that we are not responsible for removing information about you from the database of any third party to whom we were authorized to disclose your information prior to processing your request.
- MakeUpBee may use "automatically collected" information and "cookies" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the MakeUpBee Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of MakeUpBee Service and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
When MakeupBee Discloses Information:
- Your privacy is very important to us, and we are not in the business of selling your information. We do, however, disclose your personally identifiable information in a variety of circumstances.
- The MakeUpBee Service enables users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any information, including personally identifiable information, that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area on the MakeUpBee Service, such as a public profile page or in a review or other User Submission, will be available to other users who access that content. This also applies to information you choose to make available through MakeUpBee features that connect to third party services, such as Twitter and Facebook. MakeUpBee may also syndicate content exposed in public areas of the site to third party services. Once you make your personally identifiable information available in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. We are not responsible for privacy and security practices and policies of such third parties.
- MakeUpBee discloses automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the MakeUpBee Service.
- MakeUpBee works with third party service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to MakeUpBee, these third parties may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information the purpose for which it was provided.
- MakeUpBee may also disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement activity.
- MakeUpBee also reserves the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect MakeUpBee and others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the MakeUpBee Service; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MakeUpBee, our users, or others.
You may, of course, decline to share certain personally identifiable information with MakeupBee, in which case MakeupBee may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the MakeupBee Service. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the MakeupBee Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third Party Services:
The MakeUpBee Service contains links to web sites and services provided by third parties, and, at your direction may connect to third party web sites through the use of an application program interface (API). Any personally identifiable information you provide on third party sites or services or by connecting through an API is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party's policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of such third party sites or services. We encourage you to learn about third parties' privacy and security policies before providing them with personally identifiable information.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, MakeUpBee does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the MakeUpBee Service is directed to persons under 13 years-of-age. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13-YEARS-OF-AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE MAKEUPBEE SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If MakeUpBee learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on the MakeUpBee Service without verifiable parental consent, then MakeUpBee will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13-years-of-age has obtained an account on the MakeUpBee Service, then you may alert MakeUpBee at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that MakeUpBee delete your child's personally identifiable information from our systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
MakeUpBee uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to MakeUpBee, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, MakeUpBee makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If MakeUpBee learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you by email or by posting a notice on the MakeUpBee Service electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. You may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at email@example.com.
The MakeUpBee Service is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the MakeUpBee Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that your personally identifiable information is transferred to, processed and held outside of those regions (including to and in the United States) and by providing your personally identifiable information on the MakeUpBee Service you consent to that transfer.
In the Event of Merger or Sale:
In the event that all or a portion of MakeupBee or its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users in connection with such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
MakeupBee Contact Information: